Wednesday, April 20, 2011

sneak peak of another short story that came to me

Much like pregnancy, marriage, and death it all started with an accident. Often I look back and wonder if there was anything I could do to change what happened, to change the things I have done, to change what I have become. There are times I feel as though I am being split into two different people. I cannot make sense of it, nor can I trace some step in my past which led to this path. After the first accident, my dreams became infested, dark, brooding. There were countless times I woke up scared to go back to sleep. Scared of what I would see. I would be cold to the touch, but would need a sip of cool water in order to go back to sleep. I always forced myself back to sleep no mater how scared I was because being awake in the dead, still night could be just as scary as my dreams. Of course I was younger then, but I can still remember seeing things in the shadows, watching me. I pinched myself to ascertain whether or not I was sleeping. I always felt the pinch. As more accidents happened, more shadows visited me. Attempted to make contact. I wanted nothing to do with them. It is my belief that they wanted me to do their bidding, but I have no master, I am my own master.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really feelin this one, u should keep it goin like u did with batso. Leaves me wonderin wut the shadows are n wut the connection is with the accidents. Seems like an interesting plot.

    ReplyDelete