Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scars

Activity: "Finish the story. Start with: He had a scar."

He had a scar. It wasn't big, yet his hands always seemed to find it. Located at the base of his neck- the part between the shoulder and the neck, for most people went unnoticed. Those who did notice were usually a little too close for comfort. Or, they were providing the comfort. He didn't mind those comforts. Nothing compares to the sweet aroma of a woman, to the way her lips always shine, to the way her hair blows in the breeze. Often, when his wife denied him her pleasure, he would pay for it. Becky, as she called herself, reminded him of the one who got away; the one he thought of as he made love to his wife. He never called Becky by her name. Instead he referred to her as Cat- her auburn hair and green eyes combined with her feline movements established his fantasy world. She purred as he made love to her; he petted her gently- unless he visited while inebriated. Then Becky transformed into a cougar- He always left bruised and scratched which gave more credence to Becky's shape shifting abilities. It was on one such night, that he received the scar. As he held her down, her face shoved into the bed sheets, barely able to breathe, he thought for just a moment he saw his wife in the room watching them.
He shouted, "Don't give me that look. You with that look- always with that look. If I didn't restrain her she would eat me. Did you know that?"

Becky suddenly fearful, struggled beneath him.

"She is not human. I don't mind paying her because the world is cruel to the unknown. The world has not made piece with that which it cannot explain, darling. She is odd, but it gives me pleasure to know I am the only man capable of taming her...this beast." Forcefully he pressed her head deeper into the sheets, but in doing so he only had one hand in which to hold both of her wrists.

At that moment, Becky was able to release a hand. She turned around so that she was not laying on her back.

Unwillingly, he began to relinquish control.

"See. She is foaming at the mouth...She's not always like this. Don't be scared. I have her now."
He forced himself upon her- his full body weight now not allowing her to move at all. As she sunk her teeth into his flesh, he fell still. His body stiffened. Blood began to flow and she let go, shoving him off of her.

"This has got to stop. I'm human. Nothing more than flesh and blood- just like you. But I will bleed your ass dry if you can't control yourself. You don't know who you're messing with. My people are more deadly than a pack of rabid cougars."

"I knew it!" He quickly gathered his clothes with one hand; the other clung to his neck. Becky already had her clothes on and was headed towards the door. I didn't even see her get dressed, damn freak. She moves faster than I do. 


"Please, daddy. You may come to see me again, but if you're drunk," she took a moment to brush the hair out of her eyes, "I'll have no other choice than to bite more than your neck."

The door slammed shut and he was left standing alone, naked, and bleeding.

2 comments:

  1. I just published my post, I'm rather embaressed about the way it came out but I don't want to alter it seeing as it was free flowing and unplanned. I think it'd be better to document it that way. I feel like your interpretation came out a lot more original then mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk why my last comment didnt posttt. ggggrr. but im just home momentarily before i go to dinner with my parental units. then ill come home and read your stuff. ill add it to the list of things i must do tonight :)

    ReplyDelete